goswinParticipantNovember 4, 2020 at 5:12 AMPost count: 3844
The Savage Detectives
by Roberto Bolaño, Natasha Wimmer
- Characters: Ulises Lima, Arturo Belano, Auxilio Lacouture, Ernesto San Epifanio, María Font
- Language: english
- Awards: Premio Herralde de Novela (1998), Premio Internacional de Novela Rómulo Gallegos (1999), BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction shortlist (2008), Metų verstinė knyga Nominee (2013)
- Format: hardcover, 577 pages
- Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- ISBN: 9780374191481 (0374191484)
- Genres: fiction, novels, literature, contemporary, unfinished
- Release date: April 3, 2007
- Places: Mexico City (México City)
- Author: Roberto Bolaño, Natasha Wimmer
About The Book
New Year’s Eve, 1975: Arturo Belano and Ulises Lima, founders of the visceral realist movement in poetry, leave Mexico City in a borrowed white Impala. Their quest: to track down the obscure, vanished poet Cesárea Tinajero. A violent showdown in the Sonora desert turns search to flight; twenty years later Belano and Lima are still on the run.
The explosive first long work by “the most exciting writer to come from south of the Rio Grande in a long time” (Ilan Stavans, Los Angeles Times), The Savage Detectives follows Belano and Lima through the eyes of the people whose paths they cross in Central America, Europe, Israel, and West Africa. This chorus includes the muses of visceral realism, the beautiful Font sisters; their father, an architect interned in a Mexico City asylum; a sensitive young follower of Octavio Paz; a foul-mouthed American graduate student; a French girl with a taste for the Marquis de Sade; the great-granddaughter of Leon Trotsky; a Chilean stowaway with a mystical gift for numbers; the anorexic heiress to a Mexican underwear empire; an Argentinian photojournalist in Angola; and assorted hangers-on, detractors, critics, lovers, employers, vagabonds, real-life literary figures, and random acquaintances.
A polymathic descendant of Borges and Pynchon, Roberto Bolaño traces the hidden connection between literature and violence in a world where national boundaries are fluid and death lurks in the shadow of the avant-garde. The Savage Detectives is a dazzling original, the first great Latin American novel of the twenty-first century.
MP3 ebook The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño. Paperback The Savage Detectives read online on reader on Books-a-Million. TXT book The Savage Detectives download. FictionBook book The Savage Detectives Roberto Bolaño buy cheap PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. MOBI ebook The Savage Detectives Roberto Bolaño buy for PC.
EPUB The Savage Detectives download on IndieBound. FB2 The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño. Hardback ebook The Savage Detectives read for iPad on Bookshop. PDF book The Savage Detectives iPhone. Hardcover book The Savage Detectives Roberto Bolaño read online on Book Depository.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.