(FB2) Still She Haunts Me : 9780385335300

(FB2) Still She Haunts Me : 9780385335300
(FB2) Still She Haunts Me : 9780385335300 2020-11-11T22:55:04+00:00

Home Forums OTG (FB2) Still She Haunts Me : 9780385335300

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2712 |

Still She Haunts Me
    by Katie Roiphe

🔥 Still She Haunts Me : Read More 🔥

• ISBN: 9780385335300 (038533530X)
    • Format: paperback, 240 pages
    • Publisher: Delta
    • Genres: fiction, classics, historical, fantasy
    • Author: Katie Roiphe
    • Language: english
    • Release date: October 1, 2002

About The Book

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson was a shy Oxford mathematician, reverend, and pioneering photographer. Under the pen name Lewis Carroll he wrote two stunning classics that liberated children’s literature from the constraints of Victorian moralism. But the exact nature of his relationship with Alice Liddell, daughter of the dean of his college, and the young girl who was his muse and subject, remains mysterious.

Dodgson met Alice in 1856, when she was almost four years old. Eventually he would capture her in his photographs, and transform the stories he told her into the luminous Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass. Then, suddenly, when Alice was eleven, the Liddell family shut him out, and his relationship with Alice ended abruptly. The pages from Dodgson’s diary that may have explained the rift have disappeared.

In imagining what might have happened, Katie Roiphe has created a deep, textured portrait of Alice and Dodgson: she changing from an unruly child to a bewitching adolescent, and he, a diffident, neurasthenic adult whose increasing obsession with her almost destroys him. Here, too, is a brilliantly realized cast of characters that surround them: Lorina Liddell, Alice’s mother, who loves her daughter even as she envies her youth; Edith Liddell, Alice’s resentful little sister; and James Hunt, Dodgson’s speech therapist, an island of sanity in Dodgson’s increasingly chaotic world.

Hardcover book Still She Haunts Me Katie Roiphe PocketBook on Audible. PDF Still She Haunts Me buy cheap. TXT ebook Still She Haunts Me download on PC. Online book Still She Haunts Me by Katie Roiphe read online on Book Depository. FB2 Still She Haunts Me by Katie Roiphe for iPhone.

MOBI ebook Still She Haunts Me buy on Walmart. FictionBook Still She Haunts Me Katie Roiphe download Mac on Kobo. EPUB ebook Still She Haunts Me read. MP3 book Still She Haunts Me read online for iOS on Dymocks. Paperback ebook Still She Haunts Me Katie Roiphe buy cheap.

Hardback book Still She Haunts Me download on Amazon. MP3 Still She Haunts Me by Katie Roiphe on iPad. MOBI ebook Still She Haunts Me read on IndieBound. TXT book Still She Haunts Me Katie Roiphe on reader. Hardcover Still She Haunts Me buy Android on Bookshop.

MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
    MAX
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Posts

Contact Info

12345 West Street

Phone: 1.888.999-9876

Web: Visit Us Online

Skip to toolbar