goswinParticipantNovember 3, 2020 at 1:32 AMPost count: 2527
Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
by Olga Tokarczuk, Antonia Lloyd-Jones
- Awards: National Book Award Nominee for Translated Literature (2019), BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2020), International Booker Prize Nominee (2019)
- Genres: fiction, mystery, poland, crime, contemporary, novels
- ISBN: 9780525541332 (0525541330)
- Author: Olga Tokarczuk, Antonia Lloyd-Jones
- Release date: August 13, 2019
- Publisher: Riverhead Books
- Language: english
- Places: Plaskowyż, Kłodzko, Wrocław
- Format: hardcover, 274 pages
About The Book
WINNER OF THE NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE
In a remote Polish village, Janina devotes the dark winter days to studying astrology, translating the poetry of William Blake, and taking care of the summer homes of wealthy Warsaw residents. Her reputation as a crank and a recluse is amplified by her not-so-secret preference for the company of animals over humans.
Then a neighbor, Big Foot, turns up dead. Soon other bodies are discovered, in increasingly strange circumstances. As suspicions mount, Janina inserts herself into the investigation, certain that she knows whodunit. If only anyone would pay her mind…
A deeply satisfying thriller cum fairy tale, Drive Your Plow over the Bones of the Dead is a provocative exploration of the murky borderland between sanity and madness, justice and tradition, autonomy and fate. Whom do we deem sane? it asks. Who is worthy of a voice?
FB2 Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead read online Kindle. Hardback book Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk download on Barnes & Noble. Online ebook Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead buy on iPhone. MP3 ebook Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead Olga Tokarczuk on Books-a-Million. PDF book Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk download on Kobo.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.